OUR CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
What data we collect
Creative Party Ltd may collect the following information:
- your name and role in your company;
- your company name, company registration number, and additional detail relating to the registration of your business, be it a Limited Company, or Sole Trader/Partnership;
- your contact details: postal addresses including billing, delivery, and marketing addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers), fax numbers, e-mail addresses and website;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your VAT number
- your on-line browsing activities on our websites;
- your membership details for relevant trade associations;
- on-line browsing activities on our websites;
- your interaction with our e-marketing activity;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your location;
- your business type;
- your correspondence and communications with Creative Party Ltd; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an account with us or register your interest with us. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your interaction with our e-marketing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How we process your data
GDPR law says that we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing your data with third parties.
We may process your data for the following purposes:
- Administer your account with us
- Responding to your queries and complaints
- Extending credit to you or your company
- Credit checking
- To notify you of any changes to our terms and conditions
- Provide you with information on new products and offers, providing you have given permission to do so
- Send you our latest catalogues to keep your records updated
- Debt collection
- Communicate with you via social media
- Tailoring your experience on our website
- Cookies are used to distinguish you from other users of our website and improve your experience
How we use and protect the information we hold about you
Data is stored securely with Creative Party’s systems to prevent unauthorised access. No data held by Creative Party will be supplied outside the European Economic Area (EEA) other than delivery information should your address be outside the EEA.
Creative Party has various data and security policies that it complies with to ensure the safe keeping of the data that we collect.
Staff are trained and regularly updated to ensure they are treating your data within the guidelines of this notice.
There are various lengths of time that data is kept for depending on need and other laws that we adhere to. You have the right to be forgotten within our database as long as there isn’t an over-riding legitimate business need.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out in this document or the law requires us to.
When we may share your information
We will treat your personal information as private and confidential, but may share it with each other and disclose it outside of Creative Party if:
- Allowed by any agreement entered into by you
- You consent
- Needed by our agents, advisers or others involved in running accounts and services for you or collecting what you owe to other companies
- Needed by third parties to help manage records (such as our IT suppliers who run our computer systems) – please note we will have appropriate separate service contracts in place with these firms
- HM Revenue & Customs or other statutory authorities who require it
- The Law, Regulatory Bodies, or the public interest permits and requires it
- Required by us or others to investigate or prevent crime
- Required as part of our duty to protect your accounts
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Creative Party is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Creative Party refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Creative Party, at your request, can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
Changes to this policy
Effective date: 25th May 2018